Monday, Apr 21, 2014
Local News

'Flash fire' at Bob Evans; no injuries, county official says


Published:

SEBRING - Workers installing an airconditioning unit at the Bob Evans restaurant Thursday morning pulled a gas line union loose, causing gas to leak that led to a "flash fire," said the county's fire service supervisor.

Charles Andrews added that restaurant workers were prepping food in the kitchen when the incident took place, but there were no injuries.

The "flash fire" also blew the ceiling tiles loose, damaging the drop ceiling, he added.

"In the kitchen and prep area, it's a disaster zone in there," he said.

Just before noon, the restaurant was closed. A Bob Evans manager said he needed to check with corporate headquarters before releasing a statement.

The restaurant had just re-opened June 30 after major remodeling.

Comments

Part of the Tribune family of products

© 2014 TAMPA MEDIA GROUP, LLC