Saturday, Dec 7, 2013
As I unpacked Christmas decorations yesterday, I had little enthusiasm for the enormous task of putting them up. And I don't even want to think about taking them all down again.
Saturday, Nov 30, 2013
Editor's note: This is a reprint of a Minor Musings column from July 2009.
Saturday, Nov 16, 2013
- If you follow my column even occasionally, you've probably had more than enough of my ongoing battle with cancer. You may have even started to tune me out by now. If so, I understand. But I hope you haven't done the same wi...
Saturday, Nov 9, 2013
- I love my laptop computer. I'm not a computer guru. I'm not even an amateur geek. But I know how to use it for all the basic things like email, word processing, Internet research and online shopping. I can even do basic tro...
Saturday, Nov 2, 2013
- Now that my cancer is gone and I'm mostly recovered, I find myself wondering, what now? Do I just go back to the same old life? Unfortunately, as I start to contemplate options for post-cancer life, all too often I feel lik...
Saturday, Oct 26, 2013
- Life is full of unanswerable questions, and all of us have our own list. Mine includes: Why do my grandchildren have to live so far away? Why am I always cold even when everyone else is hot? And, of course, Why did I get ca...
Saturday, Oct 19, 2013
- I'm told I no longer have cancer, and I'm taking medication to prevent its return. But the long battle to overcome the side effects of surgery and chemotherapy is far from over. I wage another fight every day, and some folk...
Saturday, Oct 12, 2013
- This may be editorial suicide, but I can't resist trying to explain something I don't even pretend to understand myself. (And if you can make sense of that convoluted idea you're way ahead of me already.)